Professor Kaletapwa G. Farauta, the Vice-Chancellor, was born on the 28th November, 1965 at Numan. She hails from Numan Local Government Area of Adamawa State. Farauta is happily married and blessed with children.
Farauta attended Numan II Primary School, Numan from 1973-1979, and went to Federal Government Girls College (FGGC) Yola from 1979-1983. She had a National Certificate in Education (NCE) from Federal College of Education (FCE) Yola (1987), B.Sc. (Agricultural Education) from University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1989), M.Sc. (Agricultural Extension) from the same University (1995) and a Ph.D. (Agricultural Technology Education (2008) from the Federal University of Technology, now Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola.
Prof. K.G. Farauta did her one year National Service at the College of Agriculture Akure, Ondo State (1990-1991), taught in Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS) Yola from May to October, 1991 from where she started teaching and research at the Federal University of Technology (now Modibbo Adama University of Technology) Yola (October, 1991 to date). She was the Executive Chairman, Adamawa State Universal Basic Education Board (ADSUBEB) (July –October, 2014).
Farauta is the immediate past Honourable Commissioner, Adamawa State Ministry of Education from 28th August, 2015 to 17th July, 2017 from where merit and excellent record of service led to her appointment as the Acting Vice-Chancellor of this great Institution by the University Visitor, His Excellency the Governor of Adamawa State, Senator Muhammad Umaru Jibrilla (Sardauna Mubi) on the 17th July, 2017. Since her assumption of office, the fortunes of the university has since assumed better dimensions and a brighter light has been seen at the end of the tunnel.
Farauta held various academic and administrative responsibilities at the Modibbo Adama University and Technology Yola among which are:
- Co-ordinator, Agricultural Education Unit, 1993-2005
- Teaching Practice Co-ordinator, 1995 – 2000
- Supervision of Under/Post Graduate Projects, 2000-date
- Projects Co-ordinator, 2007-2009
- Chairman, Convocation feeding Committee, 2009
- Chairman, Examination Malpractice Committee, School of Science and Technology Education, 2009
- Acting Dean, School of Technology and Science Education, 2009-2010
- Head, Vocational Education Department, 2010-2012
- Post Graduate Co-ordinator, Vocational Education Department, 2015.
- Chairman, Vocational Education Welfare Committee
- Member, Lectures, Awards and Prizes Committee
- Member, University Development Committee
- Member, Vice-Chancellor’s/Principal Officers send-forth Committee.
- Member, Committee on Assessment of University Secondary School.
- Coordinator, Education Programmes, Centre for Distance Learning
- Member, School of Technology and Science Education (STSE) Board.
- Member, Centre for Distance Learning Academic Board.
- Member, Vocational Education Academic Board.
Farauta has rendered a lot of developmental Services in various capacities and places, she has a personal mission of adding value to humanity through hard work and sincerity. She is known for making people organizations and situations better than she found them. Some of her recorded community development services include;
- Secretary General, Good Citizenship Foundation, 2008-2013 (NGO)
- Chairman, ASUU Welfare Committee (MAUTECH Branch), 1998-2000
- Treasurer, Acada Multi-purpose Cooperative Society, MAUTECH, Yola 2004-2008
- Vice Chairman, ASUU MAUTECH Branch, 2003-2005
- Vice President, G-36 Coalition (NGO), 2010-2015
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Daaha Foundation 2014-Date
- Chairman, Governing Council, Foundation Academy, Numan, 2015
- Member, Governing Council, LCCN Academy, Sangere 2014-2015
- Member, Governing Council, Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe – Bayelsa State, 2017.
- Member, Visitation Panel Adamawa State University, Mubi, 2017.
Publications and Participation in Field Studies
Farauta has immensely contributed to the global body of knowledge via her numerous Articles in journals, papers presented at National and International seminars and conferences. She also has chapters in books to her credit. She participated in the following field studies;
- Team Leader for incidence of climate change in Northern Nigeria and Adaptation Strategies done for African Technology Policies and Studies (ATPS) Network, Nairobi in 2010.
- Training for Agricultural and Extension Workers organized by CTA, Abuja in 2009.
- Baseline Study on water and sanitation West Africa done for African Technology Policies and studies (ATPS) Network, Nairobi, in 2008.
- Training of Agricultural and Extension Experts on research and writing skills organized by Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria at ARMTI, Ilorin in 2000.
- Policy Challenges of Climate Change Adaptation in Northern Nigeria, African Technology Policy Studies Network Techno Policy Brief No, 34.
- Climate Change and Adaptation Measures in Northern Nigeria: Empirical situation and policy implications, African Technology Policy Studies Network working paper series No. 62.
- Farmer’s perception of climate change and Adaptation strategies in Northern Nigeria: An Empirical Assessment. African Technology Policy studies Network Research paper, No. 15.
- Farauta is a household name in the administrations of Education in Nigeria as a whole and Adamawa State in particular. Some of the Conference and workshops she attended include:
- Annual Conference of Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria (AESON) Zaria, 1995.
- Annual Conference of Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria (AESON) Makurdi, 1998.
- International Conference on Building a National System of Innovation in Nigeria by African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) and Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC), July, 2009, Rockview Hotel, Abuja.
- Sub-Regional Training of Trainers Workshop on Agricultural Science, Technology and Innovation (ASTI) Systems by the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) in Conjunction with NUC and ARCN, Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, August, 2009.
Farauta is a combination of Intelligence, Faithfulness and unalloyed commitment to assigned responsibilities and duties with excellence and precision as her goal.