The Registrar: Dr. Hassan S. Tanko Vimtim B.Tech., M.Sc, PGDM, Ph.D, MFCBA, FBMA, FIPMAN
Dr. Hassan Saad Tanko was born on 23rd September, 1962 at Vimtim. He hails from Mubi North Local Government of Adamawa State, Nigeria. Dr. Hassan Saad Tanko, is happily married to three wives and blessed with children.
Dr. Hassan, attended Demonstration School, Mubi. GSS Zing, COA Jalingo, ABU Zaria, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, (MAUTECH), Yola where he obtained B.Tech.(Crop Production & Horticulture), M.Sc (Rural Development) in 1998 and 2002 respectively, PGDM (Public Administration) at Adamawa State University, Mubi 2005, and he recently baged Ph.D (Rural Development) at the prestigious Modibbo Adama University of Technology, (MAUTECH) Yola 2016. He started his working at Ministry of Agriculture as Agricultural Superintendent in 1985, and rose to the rank of P.Agric Officer in 2001. He joined Adamawa State University, Mubi in 2002 as the first Administrative Officer (A.O.) of the University and served as Personal Assistant (PA) to three Vice Chancellors of the University, where he rose to the rank of Deputy Registrar (DR) in 2012, and to a substantive Registrar in October, 2014 to date.
Dr. Hassan Saad Tanko conducted many researches to his credit and attended many conferences, at the Local, National and International levels, some of the International conferences attended include:
- International Conference on Senior University Management Exchange Programme, Southampton Solent University, United Kingdom 2012.
- International Conference on Management Crisis in Tertiary Institution Dezel University Philadelphia, USA 2015.
In addition, he has made several publications to contribute to knowledge.
He has vast Administrative experience both in and outside the University system.
He was appointed as the Ag. Registrar Adamawa State University, Mubi on 23rd July, 2014, by the University Governing Council. Due to his hard work, vision, competent and commitment to the development of the University, the State and the Country at large, Dr. Hassan, was appointed the Registrar of the University, on 6th October, 2014. His routine Administrative duties include the smooth running of the University, for teaching, Research and community services.
The versatile, Dr. Hassan belongs to many professional bodies, some of which include.
- Fellow Business Management Association.(UK)
- Fellow Charted Board of Administration(FCBA).
- Member, Farm Management Association of Nigeria(FAMAN).
- Member, Association of Nigerian University Professional Administrators(ANUPA).
- Fellow Institute of Professional Managers and Administrators of Nigeria(IPMAN).
His hobbies are: Farming, reading and rural tours.