The Role of the Bursar
The specified details of the role of the Bursar are hereby outlined below:
- Provision of advice to the Council through the Vice Chancellor, on formulation of a policy for financial planning, management and administration.
- Advice and guidance to academic, administrative and service departments on the financial aspects of departmental management and the financial application of proposals from the departments both in the short and long terms.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the funds of the University are properly accounted for, and that they are for the purpose for which they are granted.
- A close commitment control of expenditure on capital account.
- Establishment of systematic short and long term investment policies.
- Minimizing waste in all areas, and improving financial controls.
- Periodic review of the accounting systems in the University.
- Acceptance of the need to establish effective communication between his office and rest of the University.
- Ensuring a regular flow of relevant financial information to Council, the Vice Chancellor and Departments.
- Maintenance of accounting records in a conventional accounting manner, guided by the uniform accounting system of Nigerian Universities.
- Presentation of the annual financial statements to external auditors for statutory audit.
- Receipt custody and issuance of all store items of the University in accordance with the provision of the uniform accounting system.
- Any such other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor or Council of the University.
The Office of the Bursar
The Office of the Bursar is one of the three key administrative units, responsible for the General Administration of the University. The office is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for all financial matters in the University.
All the specified functions of the office of the Bursar are carried out by the Bursary Department.
The Bursary Department is administratively organized and structured into four divisions, responsible to the Bursar for handling matters regarding the specified statutory role of the Bursar.
The four divisions of the Bursary Department are as follows.
- The Administrative Division
- Accounts and Management Information Division
- The Finance Division
- The Stores Control Division
The Bursar is the Head of the Administrative Division of the Bursary Department. For effective and efficient administration of the Department, the Bursar delegates some of responsibilities to the Deputy Bursar.
Senior Accounting Officer:
The Senior Accounting Officer is responsible to the Bursar for some specified duties.
The Personal Secretary to the Bursar performs secretarial duties.
The Accounts and Management Information Division
The Division is headed by a Deputy Bursar or a Chief Accountant or a Senior Accounting Officer, who is sufficiently senior. The Division has the following sections/units:
- Final Accounts
- Loans and Advances
- Fellowship, Research and PG Accounts
- Students Accounts Record (Undergraduate)
The Finance Division
The Division is headed by a Deputy Bursar or a Chief Accountant or a Senior Accounting Officer who shall be responsible to the Bursar for the general Co-ordination of the activities of the sections/units under the division.
The Division has six sections/units as detailed below:
- Revenue Unit
- Payment Unit
- Salaries and Wages (Payroll) Unit
- Expenditure Control Unit
- Staff Claims and Advances Unit
- Pension and Insurance Unit
The Stores Control Division
The Division shall be headed by a Deputy Bursar or a Chief Store Officer or a Senior Accounting Officer responsible for general Co-ordination of the activities of the units under the Division.
- Purchasing Unit
- Central Store Unit
- Departmental Stores Unit
- Stores Accounting Unit
Bursary Staff List
|1||K.E. ANJILI||Bursar||B.Sc. Acct, MBA,CNA|
|2.||MOHAMMED Y. PAHUWA||Principal Accountant||B.Sc. Acct, CNA|
|3||ISAAC GHAJI||SNR. Accountant||HND, Acct, PGD Finance, CNA|
|4||GRACE KIDADIYA||SNR. Accountant||B.Sc. Acct, CNA|
|5||MOHAMMED ABANA||SNR. Accountant||B.Sc. Acct, CNA|
|6||MARY BELLO||S.S.O (Accounts)||HND, Acct, MBA Marketing|
|7||SAMBO ADAMU||P.E.O (Accounts)||HND, Acct, CNA|
|8||DAVID LAKUSHA||P.E.O (Accounts)||HND, Acct,CPA,FHNR.|
|9||ISA AHMED||Accountant II||B.Sc. Acct, CNA|
|10||ILIYASU U. HAMMAN||S.E.O (Accounts)||HD, Acct.|
|11||YAKUBU T. ADAMU||S.E.O (Accounts)||HND, Acct. CNA|
|12||BULUS E. DAKITA||HE.O (Computer)||ND, Acct|
|13||IDI MOHAMMED||HEO (Accounts)||ND, Acct.|
|14||MARY BENJAMIN||HEO (Accounts)||HND, Acct.|
|15||AHMED SAAD||HEO (Accounts)||ND, Acct.|
|16||SALI HAMIDU||HEO (Accounts)||B. Sc, Acct.|
|17||MARKUS Z. YUSUF||HEO (Accounts)||ND, BAM|
|18||PWANOHOMO PHILIP||HEO (Accounts)||ND, Acct|
|19||MOSES MAIRABO||HEO (Accounts)||HND, Acct|
|20||WILSON BALLA||HEO (Accounts)||B.Sc. Acct|
|21||TAGO R. DORE||Con. Sec II||HND, OTM|
|22||HANAZIM HAMMAN KOLA||Con. Sec II||HND, OTM|
|23||SULEIMAN ABUBAKAR||E.O.||Dip. in Acct|
|24||HALILU IBRAHIM||AEO (Accounts)||ND, Acct|
|25||DAVID HANIEL||SCO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|26||SIMON YAKUBU||AEO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|27||NAO’MI AYUBA||SCO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|28||ABUBAKAR USMAN||SCO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|30||ALI JALO||SCO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|31||REGINA B. TAKU||ACCO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|32||YAHAYA ABUBAKAR||ACCO (Accounts)||S.S.C.E|
|33||SARAH ADEKOYA||ACCO (Accounts)||Cert, in Accts & Audit|
|34||IBRAHIM B. GHAJI||Clerk||SSCE|
|35||BOSLAM GALAYA||Driver||Trade Test|
|37||ABDULLAHI MOHAMMED||Driver||S.S.C.E/Trade Test|
|38||SALAMATU ALIYU||Store Attendant||S.S.C.E|
Revenue Generation and Budget Monitoring
|1||M. B. ABUBAKAR||Director||HND Acct, CNA||
|2||MOHAMMED A. HOLMA||Deputy Director||B.Sc. Acct, MBA,ACA||
|3||HUSSEINI BELLO||Principal Acct||HND, Purchasing & Supply||
|4||ELSON KWARMA||Revenue Officer||ND, Acct.||
|5||FELICIA TSAKMA||Budget Clerk||SSCE||
|6||BELLO NJOBDI||Revenue Clerk||SSCE||